Students are taught in different ways in the school and this applies to preschool as ways. Gone are those days when the blackboard and the chalk were the only means of teaching in the school. Nowadays, the preschools are equipped with the teaching aids that relate to a variety of teaching methodologies.
- These are the following teaching aids that you can consider if you are starting a preschool:
- The usual black and white boards with chalks, markers and dusters can never be replaced. They are an integral part of any school. Along with these boards, a flip board is also convenient. These are paper pads fixed on a movable easel. The teacher can write or draw on the paper and just flip it.
- Various types of flash cards are quite effective in teaching alphabets, numerals and words too. The flash cards vary in size. Charts are also an effective medium of instructions. Charts could be bought readymade or can be prepared in school.
- Audio visual aids like computer with a projector can help in showing various films, animations, videos and audios. This is not only entertaining but also helps quick learning.
- Books are an important teaching aid. The books for preschool kids are usually those that have several illustrations and less content in a bigger font size. The books may have alphabets, numbers, shapes or stories. They are usually read out by the teachers. This helps to develop the student’s interest in reading.
- Teaching can also be done through role play in stories. In such cases various props form a part of the teaching aids. Games that teach sorting of sizes, shapes and colors can also be considered to be a teaching aid in preschools.
These teaching aids are also used to teach the Play school syllabus in India. We are preschool consultants and we help you in preschool set up in India. Based on the preschool syllabus in India, we help you enlist the teaching aids that are essential for your school.